DIY Sundays- Getting Rid of Excessive Paper
I am plaque by the paper demon. It seems the more i throw away, the more i accumulate. Here are some tips you can use to address the problem.
- Set aside a certain amount of time each day to process paperwork.
- Open and sort mail on a daily basis.
- Immediately recycle anything you do not need.
- Keep and handle all important documents in one designated area.
- Divide the papers into main categories of action whether it is to Read, Pay, File or simply Do.
- Evaluate your current magazine and newspaper subscriptions.
- Consider keeping only the subscriptions that you read on a regular basis.
- Donate old magazines to senior centers, shelters or doctors offices after you have read them.
- Keep in mind that more and more magazines these days carry many of their articles, if not the whole issue, online.
- Do you cut coupons, but don't use them? It is a great way to save money, but if you are not using the coupons, do not save them.
- If you do want coupons, make sure to keep them in an easily accessible location so they will be used.
Do It Online
- Sign up to pay your bills online with your financial institution.
- This eliminates the need for envelopes and postage, thereby saving money and time.
- You can have your statements sent electronically as well.
Create a System
- Create a message taking system.
- Instead of having scraps of paper and Post-it notes all over the place, use a spiral notebook for posting messages.
- Even if you do scribble a note or number somewhere else, you can transfer it directly to the notebook.
Here are some DIY Sundays you might have missed:
DIY Makeup Remover
Resourse site: www.getorganizednow.com