Who Says You Are a Victim?- Positive Wednesdays

Who says you are a victim? No seriously, who told you that you are a victim? Yes, I am talking to you. I know that often it might seem like your life is totally falling apart but are you really a victim because of this. Oftentimes, the negative things that are happening in our lives are several learning curves. These are often the lessons we need to learn but we are too pigheaded to acknowledge them. So, does this mean you are a victim? No, you are only a victim when you declare that you are.  Yes, I said it. You are the one who is victimizing your own self. You’re the one who is speaking negativity and hopelessness in your own life.

I am dead tired but this post has been in my heart because this is something that I have been doing without even thinking about it. It is day 17 of my 21 day challenge and it has been a serious learning curve. I was in church on Sunday and right after communion and I was praying, out of nowhere, I was stung by a wasp. I kid you not. Immediately, I started saying to myself, why me. I went on, how can this happen? I was about to start pulling out the victim card when it clicked into focus. Why should I cry, worry or be the victim, when I can pray. So, I prayed and I forgot about the fact that I was stung. Do you know that my face was not swollen (this is unusual for me) and by that afternoon the pain was gone.

My experience just highlighted for me that we often claim and speak the wrong things into our lives. I know I have. If you think back, how many times have you spoken sadness and hopelessness into your own life by the nature of your own words? Therefore, it is like I said, you are victimizing your own life. So I will end like how I began, who told you that you are a victim?  Who did? Who really did?


SOURCE



Comments