Simply put, a blog hop is when bloggers enter thier url, blog name or their name and often email address in a linky. This information comes up as a list.
Bloggers then click and follow other members on the list. You should leave a comment on the person's blog and he or she will follow you back.
- Post bulletins at the various blogging networks. This will allow fellow bloggers to know there is an event occurring at your blog. Also, it can attract new followers.
- Send a Newsletter. Inform your readers that you will be hosting a blog hop by sending a newsletter. Depending on the response of your readers, you can send a reminder. Remember, no one likes to be spammed.
- Visit your blog friends/followers and personally invite them. I usually visit my blog friends and personally invite. I think that the fact that you take the time to do this says something about you as a blogger.
- Use your comment list. I also scan my list of comments and go to the blog of my commenter and invite then also. If someone takes the time to comment on your blog then there is a strong possiblity that they will come back.
- Most important is to take the time to follow back. You need to engage your blog hop participants by following them back or just going to their blog and say thank you.