The GREAT Divide

I have been thinking about writing this post for a while now. However, I have not been able to sit down long enough to allow the words to flow.Here goes. I have been comparing my everyday personality to the blogger you see. Somehow, i have been seeing a divide between Lioness and Antoinette.

When I think of Lioness, i think about the part of me that always tries to put the best foot forward. The part of me that is more welling to take risks, more willing to bare my soul to the world. Lioness is an extrovert, with smart ideas, great tips, and lots of positive vibration .

Whereas, Antoinette is very private with build in walls of steel. My family will tell you that i speak my mind and i am not afraid to burn bridges. I love to taken the unbeaten path. I am strategic in my planning. I often pretend that things slip off me like water; but truth be told, i internalize every single thing. I have very few friends but many acquaintances.

I know that some of my readers might be doing a double take at this point. But thinking about my own situation  brings to the fore the fact that we all have layers to our personality. We have the face that the world sees, the face that our husbands, boyfriends interact with and then if we are honest enough; we have our true selves coming out when we are alone. For some of us, that is when all the layers are peeled away and the great divide is bridged into one raw highway of truth and reality.

On the other hand, all of this could be a page from one very active imagination. However, think about it and let me know, do you have a great divide?    

Comments

  1. I know how you feel.. I think I am starting to be more of my genuine self on all fronts now, but for a while I was trying to portray myself as soneone on my blog that I thought other bloggers would like.. when I realized.. I need to just get in touch with who I really am in general. My family would probably have a thing or two to say about who I am.. but, I don't even think those things are necessarily true. I don't have a lot of friends because I haven't found the true soul-searchers I admire in friendships and I have a lot of aquaintences because they are nice people, and I am a nice person too-- but the connection stops at having a good time together. I'm not always positive, I'm not always accepting.. and I think I have been reflecting that more on my blogspace--- and being honest with myself about my strengths and weaknesses, is helping me gap the divid between how I portray myself and how I actually am. :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. So interesting... I feel like I am always honest on my blog but it is true I feel like I have a slightly different part to my personality on my blog vs. me in real life. I love how you word that, layers of personality. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try to always stay true to myself and be 'me' when writing my blog. When I first began blogging I felt too vulnerable to do it but I learnt how far I could open up. The blogs I enjoy reading most are the ones where people open their heart. So it's only natural I do the same. The hardest thing is my family know about and read my blog. Which is like leaving an open diary on the table. It's one of the toughest things I've had to do being a naturally very shy person and keep most things to myself. But it's helped me grow as a person and not be scared of voicing how I feel.
    Visiting from the hop.
    http://beingmama.com/
    http://ohsoprettylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank You for Taking the Time to Leave a Comment.