I Call It - ME TIME- DIY SUNDAYS

Today i was so busy preparing course outlines and targets that i totally forgot that i wanted to write a blog post. Is it only me or does the time fly by when you are on the computer. It often feels like when i blink five hours as already past by.

I wanted to share  something my doctor keeps reminding me of every time i visit. Her favourite advice is for me to take more 'Me Time'. Being a single parent, i am often plague by the idea that i need to show two times the attention to my daughter. In doing so, it often takes a toll on my body and mind which is not good for me or my daughter.  Here are some tips that help me.


Mind set: realize everyone needs some downtime:
Sometimes it's hard not to be a 'super person' who is constantly on the move. Instead, we all need to take a break. Everyone needs a break now and then and it's important to recognize when you are feeling stressed, tired, or anxious. Taking time for one's self daily will help lessen the possibility of burnout, stress, and anxiety.

 Delegate:

Not every chore or errand must be handled by you. Spouses, teenagers, older children, and even friends or neighbors can handle some of the daily activities around the house. For example, your spouse may agree to clean up the kitchen after you have made supper. Children may agree to help clean the bathroom or their own bedrooms each week. Teenagers may help by looking after younger siblings or if they have their driver's license may be willing to pick up dry cleaning or run to the store. We must keep in mind, of course, that people are not mind readers. They must be asked politely to help out around the house.

Find an activity you enjoy:


You must find an activity you enjoy, so you might want to join a hobby group or organization. Most of all you should be doing an activity (crafts, baking, gardening, physical activity, etc.) that you enjoy. If you do not enjoy it, will it really seem like a break or a reward for all your hard work?

Use as a reward:

After a hard day at work or doing housework, use 'Me Time' as a reward or relaxation. You deserve a nice break, so make some time for you every day. Set up a system that gives you, for so many hours worked or so many chores accomplished, an appropriate much-liked activity.

Use `found' time:

If you ever find yourself waiting in line at the grocery store, killing time waiting for a load of laundry to finish, waiting on hold on the phone, or sitting at a doctor's office waiting for your appointment, that is all 'Found time.' An extra five or ten minutes, instead of using for another errand or chore, can be for allowing yourself a few minutes to rest and relax. You might want to try reading a book or magazine, knitting, or solving a crossword puzzle.

Multi-task your 'Me Time':

Multi-task your 'Me Time' by allowing yourself time to rest while supper is in the oven or slow-cooker cooking or while clothes are in the washer or dryer. Another way you can multitask your time is by allowing yourself some time in the kitchen baking (if it is your passion or hobby) while baking cookies for your son or daughter's bake sale.


Find a partner or someone to make you accountable:

If you are finding it difficult to make 'Me Time' a habit or part of your routine, designate a partner or a best friend who can make you accountable. 'Me Time' must become a part of your daily life or routine. Remember to make it a habit (which takes 21 days, so give it time).


Resource site: getorganized.com


Comments

  1. I know what you mean about time flying by online! I swear I've been on the comp for 5 hours when I thought i'd only be on it for 2 0.0

    I strongly agree with this post! Me time is very important when it comes to maintaining sanity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi:) haven´t seen you in my blogroll-thingy(that pops up when I log in-kinda) in a while, and just wanted to say that I truly like reading your posts! You seem like a wonderful mother and a smart woman, and I´m happy that your sharing your thoughts with the world! keep up the good work! -r

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true... time flies on the computer!
    And... we moms so need the me time. Well, anyone does, really. I think as women that's something we short ourselves on all too often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post ~ sounds like something I write too ~ Following from Monday Mingle blog hop(day late due to the holiday ) ~ great blog ~ thanks ~ Carol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank You for Taking the Time to Leave a Comment.