Tips for Staying Positive




I have been reminded recently that it is hard to to stay positive. Life can sometimes get hard and overwhelming, so it is up to us to fight to stay positive. Here are some things that you can do daily to help you stay positive:

Create a Gratitude Journal

I have been hearing about doing a gratitude journal for some time. However truth be told I never gave it a second thought until recently. Simply put a gratitude journal is a diary of things for which one is grateful
source
 My first reaction to the idea of starting a gratitude journal is what will I write about.
I did not understand that gratitude journals are used by individuals who wish to focus their attention on the positive things in their lives.

 Once i understood this, I knew i could write about anything I feel grateful for in my life. 

In essence, a gratitude journal should be uniquely you. Therefore, you should be the one to decorate, organize and include any that represents what you are grateful for. Therefore your gratitude journal could be an ordinary notebook that you decide to decorate (or not) and use for this purpose. Happy Writing!!!!

  

Find a Hobby



source
Sometimes we forget how important it is for us to have a hobby. A hobby is a regular activity that is done for enjoyment, typically during one's leisure time

A hobby helps keeps you engaged and happy. I  find that when I am busy focusing on something uplifting I do not have time to focus on the negative things that are occurring in and around your life. 
 I recommend doing something that is fun and different from what you would normally do.  Hobbies can include collecting themed items and objects, engaging in creative and artistic pursuits, playing sports, or pursuing other amusements. Remember that variety is the spice of life, so do something different from your everyday routine.


Go Out & About


source
I am a home body, therefore I do not want to leave home unless I absolutely have to. However, I have found that going out and about helps me stay positive. You don't have to plan major trips to have an excuse to go explore. What I found works for me is to choose one day out of the week (Saturday) to explore or do something fun outside the house that is out of my everyday routine .

You can also mix things up by planning monthly or quarterly road trips to places that you have always wanted to see. Just the act of planning, organizing and implement your plans will positively impact your mood. 



Implementing 'Me Time'



source

Last but certainly not the least is 'Me Time'. 'Me Time' is just ensuring that at least each day you find time to relax and be alone. All of the above activities will not be possible if you do not implement 'Me Time' in your daily routine.  

Remember, It is also okay to let your children, family and significant other know that this is important to your well being and overall state of mind. It is also okay for you to not to feel guilty for wanting to be alone. 

If you are unable to get 'Me Time' every day then you can select a day in the week that you can take a couple of hours for yourself.

Comments