Saturday, August 29, 2015

A Beautiful Reflection- Book Review


Purchase The Book Here
A while ago I received the book- A Beautiful Reflection to review. The book is written by Sarah Maddox and it explores the age old situation of being in an unequally yoked relationship as a person of faith. It explores dating in the presence of God and implications of being in a relationship with someone who is not as spirituality connected to God as you are.

Overview

 In the novel, the protagonist Susan Strasbourg (a deeply devoted conservative Christian) meets Jim Hitchenson (a handsome and successful bachelor) and they quickly fall in love with each other. Jim is everything that Susan never thought she wanted. However, although Jim is from a Christian family the question still remains, is he committed in his faith. Can he be the man of God that Susan wants and needs? The book follows the couple as they tries to answer all these questions.

Writer's Craft


The premise of the plot is an interesting one. I found that the author took her time to develop the plot. The story began with a bang however, as the plot developed the characters seemed less relatable. They became flat and stereotypical. As a result of this, I found that the story line lost me. I would have love to give this book five stars however I walked away from the story being underwhelm. Therefore, I will give this book two and a half stars.

 Tell Me

If you have read this book please share your thoughts and feelings about the plot.

The Book Corner is a new feature on Lioness Rebirth. From time to time I will be reviewing books that I have received for review.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for Taking the Time to Leave a Comment.

 
Designed By: Wacky Jacqui's Designs