Wednesday, December 25, 2013

The Brat versus The Nation Builder

Today is Christmas Day internationally and although I am not celebrating Christmas, I found myself raking the yard, washing clothes, cleaning and washing the car and some light cleaning. I was not amused by this. In fact these things were that last thing I wanted to do. I did all of this after I was worked at the Lioness Boutique booth until 4 am Christmas morning. A part of me wanted to be in bed watching television or sleeping. I wanted to do any or everything else except for what I did. A part of me was telling God my plight and another part of me did not want to complain. 

Why am I telling you this? Tonight I was updating the Lioness Boutique Facebook page and I was doing something completely unrelated when I got this word:

 "She gets up while it is still dark; she provides food for her family and portions for her servant girls.  She considers a field and buys it; out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.  She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks." Proverbs 31:15-17

This word clicked my entire day into perspective. Here I was not just a woman but more importantly a woman of God and I was complaining about the processes that I had a go through to be molded into a nation builder. I did not understand the strength that was being planted in my soul by the rigors of the work that I have been doing or had to do. I read the verses and I saw that women are resourceful, we are nurtures, we are business women, we are financial controllers, in short we are strong and capable beings. In fact, the reason why this word is written is because God wants us to see the capabilities of a woman of God.

Often this modern society tricks us into believing that we are not whole. It programs us to believe that there is always something that we need to make us complete. So we often walk around believing that we are defective beings. Due to this we often spend more time focusing on what we need instead of what we are created to do. So today, I feel like a big baby who was complaining about growing up. So God I am sorry for being a spoilt brat. Thank you for opening my eyes to the power that women possess. So my friends which category do you fall in: Are you a Brat? Or Are you the Nation Builder?  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for Taking the Time to Leave a Comment.

 
Designed By: Wacky Jacqui's Designs