What if???

What if you’re supposed to be doing exactly what you're doing now?

The Dream

I had this dream. My dream was so huge. My dream was what I thought I was supposed to be. My dream was what I was supposed to do. That was what I thought. I thought I was supposed to create a jewellery empire with the Lioness brand.  Now that think about it, I just have to laugh. All the time I was dreaming it did not occur to me that I was doing what I was supposed to do. Instead, I would spend my days complaining. I did not like my job. I felt miserable and I wanted to quit. I kicked myself for choosing that line of study in college. I wanted to turn back the hands of time and choose another profession.  I did not see that I was fulfilling my purpose by creating positive change in the lives of my students. I was so caught up in what I thought my dream job should be. I did not see that I had my dream profession already and that I was good at it, because that was what I was born to do.  All I wanted was the dream life that I had fabricated in my mind. I told myself that I was born to be an entrepreneur and what I was doing now was a pit stop on my way to glorious success.  In short, I totally missed what I had and what I was already doing.

The Realization

It took God to figuratively break my legs to show me that a business empire was not my destiny. Now, I realized that I would have been fighting a losing battle if I had continued on my path. This means my business would not have worked because that was not my ultimate purpose on this earth.  God had to show me my journey to where I am now for me to understand that I am not here (my job, my life, my blog) by chance. I realized that all the things I am doing now are things that stem from my purpose to create positive change.

What is the point? You might ask.

 The point is right now you could be looking at life like I was. Right now you may be unhappy, unfulfilled or just not satisfied, because society told you that your life should be glamorous and filled with butterflies. I am here to tell you that this is a lie.

Who says you are not doing what you are supposed to do?

Look at your life and your impact, could anyone else be doing what you are doing the way you are doing it?

Do you feel joy at the end of the day?
Do you find yourself joyful in the chaos?

Are you your true self in that moment?

 I will not preach because I am no preacher. After all, who am I but a woman with a computer sitting in a dark room sharing my experiences? But if any of these questions ring true to you; ask yourself, what if I am doing exactly what I am suppose to do right here, right now? Mediate on that and God will guide your path.     


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Reasons Why Men Should Respect Women

Creating the Ultimate Girl Squad

Beach Days + Road Trip - DRAMA