Sunday, October 13, 2013

DAY 21- Is it the End of the Road?

The 21 day challenge was the catalyst for me to start blogging again. As I have posted before, I had lost my voice. I was a ship on the waters with no direction. I was lost. I did not know it. I did not realize that I was lost until I started the challenge.

The 21 Day Challenge was a spiritual fast. It was not about abstaining from food. It was about abstaining from things that we place too much importance on.  So, for three weeks I have not watched my television. When I started the challenge, I honestly did not know if I would be able to not watch television for three weeks. Anyone who knows me knows that I love to watch my TV.  My television was my source of solace, my best friend so to speak. But, I was able to do without television for three weeks without even being tempted.  I had have not been on Whatsapp or face book (except for work related posts), no reading of the newspaper, no radio, no gossiping, and no negativity. I know it sounds crazy but I did it for three weeks.

In short, I tried not to do anything that would cause me not to focus on my aim. My aim was to focus on the word of God. I read my bible every day, I meditated on the word of God, I prayed, I read blog posts that were spiritually edifying, I went to church every chance I got (before this I had not been to church in about six years or more).  Basically, for the last three weeks I made God the centre of my life.

As a result of this, I started feeling lighter. I wanted to get out of bed in the morning. I did not dread going to work (my work environment is highly stressful). I did not argue or complain as much as I use to. I allowed God to do what he always does, move mountains. In the midst of all of this, I gained a sense of peace. So that, every day I woke up I wanted to do my best.

Lessons Learnt

In short, I guess I am saying that I have learnt that for far too long I have been majoring in the minor. I have been focused on the things in life that are not important. I have been vastly neglecting my spiritual life. I have been focusing on the external aspects of my life and totally disregarding my inner self. I have been so busy trying to be politically correct, trying not to offend, and trying not to be judged for my beliefs that I have swept them under the carpet. I have been trying to keep up to the pace of this 21st century fast food society that I forgot that everything will happen in the right time. I have been trying to fit into what I am expected to do and be that I forgot to be myself. I have been trying to have the American dream in Jamaica instead of asking myself what is my true purpose. So at the end of my 21 days, I can honestly say I get it now. I have realized that although the 21 day challenge is over. The journey does not end. It is not the end of the road. The road is just beginning.



SOURCE


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for Taking the Time to Leave a Comment.

 
Designed By: Wacky Jacqui's Designs