Single and Dating?

This has been gnawing at my bones for a while now. I could not shake the idea so i decided to write a post about it, i am hoping that this process can give me some prospective. I have come to realize in the last year that the dating world is brutal. I knew this before now, but i somehow refused to believe it. It is now cclear to me that dating is like a mine field that is over flowing with  traps, mirages, illusions and sinking sand. I know that sounds like gross exaggeration and maybe it is. However, that is how i am starting to feel.

The 20th century concept of dating is like going to war or a winner takes all game of poker (i don't play poker). There are so many layers of deceptions, lies and reverse psychology that would make even Einstein's mind expload. All of this is enough to make a single female wonder if love is truly real.

I met a couple this past weekend. They have been married for 30 years, they gave me hope i told them. After all, i thought they waded through the bullshit (pardon my french), arguments and fights to last for 30 years. But my main issue with the dilemma of dating is what appears to be the total dead of monogamy. I am serious. It seems like everyone has someone on the side, in a closet, around the corner.......you get the drift.   I must say my previous experiences have left me jaded. That picture of the fairy tale is fast going up in flames, with me trying like crazy to put it out.

After talking to my female friends, i realized that most of them have accepted the strong possibility that their mate might cheat. Their rule is ignorance is bliss, what i don't know wont hurt me. Another friend straight out said all man cheat, it is a given fact. My heart broke......if this is in fact true (i am not saying it is) then my chances of finding a monogamous mate is one in a million.

 I refuse to believe it. I refuse to think that the chances of finding pure love in a mate is a naive dream. That the courtly love that is well documented in literature is now a relic destined to be a long faded memory. So i am single and fighting against the conventions of modern society.  Maybe if i am lucky i can find the one in a million. Then again who needs luck when i have blessings.

Comments

  1. Yes indeed true. Who need luck when they have blessing. Good luck on finding your prince charming. I don't mean to offend you but the static sharing button at the left distracting my reading. I hope I'm the only one who experience so. I use desktop and maybe my screen resolution
    is too big.
    visiting u from the blog hope. have a great day :)
    http://healthybeautifulblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't give up. There's definitely someone out there for you, but you have to be receptive to finding them and willing to possibly get hurt. I was fortunate enough to meet my husband in kindergarten, but neither of us would ever cheat on the other and we really love each other.

    A friend of mine's aunt went on a blind date, got stood up, called for a taxi and ended up marrying the taxi driver who picked her up. So you never know where love will find you, but I wish you all the luck in finding it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very thought provoking post. Dating is so tough these days, and it's hard to know when it's ok to let your guard down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't give up. Life just like a pencil will have to undergo some painful sharpening to be a better pencil. Often there's of a story before a glory. Your love glory is around the corner. More blessing... Cheers!!!
    Maxwell
    http://beauty-hive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maxwell, i needed to hear that thanks...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank You for Taking the Time to Leave a Comment.

Popular posts from this blog

10 Reasons Why Men Should Respect Women

Creating the Ultimate Girl Squad

Beach Days + Road Trip - DRAMA