What are your ROOTS????- Positive Wednesday



We are often so busy trying to be someone else that we have not taken the time to really sit down, so to speak, and examine/appreciate our roots. 


It seems reinvention is the order of the day. Let me just say that reinvention is often a good thing. But, just remember that your roots are what keep you grounded. They are like a shield against the trails of life, without them we are often swept away by life's adversities. 


So, embrace your roots today.




Source




A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin and culture is like a tree without roots.
Marcus Garvey





Read more:
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/m/marcus_garvey.html

Comments

  1. Let the truth be spoken...words of wisdom! Thanks for them all...Have a blessed day! Luv

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it takes age (and wisdom) in order to appreciate your roots. Because as young people we try so desperately to branch out from them in an attempt to find our own way.

    I'm finding it easier as I get older to appreciate my roots as they teach me a great deal about who I am :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank You for Taking the Time to Leave a Comment.

Popular posts from this blog

10 Reasons Why Men Should Respect Women

Creating the Ultimate Girl Squad

Beach Days + Road Trip - DRAMA