Monday, February 6, 2012

Trench Town Rock- AAHHH MONDAY!!!!!

Source





February is Reggae month in Jamaica. If you did not know, Jamaica is the birth place of Reggae.  Bob Marley is one of the many icons, who is synonymous with Reggae.


Source


On Saturday I went to Trench Town for the first time. I was there with my family to celebrate the earth strong (birthday) of the King of Reggae. It was also a chance to expose my five year old to the culture first hand. She just started learning about Bob Marley in school and she had no clue about who he was. Ask her about Bruno Mars or Justine Berber and she as no trouble rapping out a song. The tides are turning i can feel it.


I am almost ashamed to say this, but is was my first time time in Trench Town. I know that I will be back. Thousands came out to participate. We had people from worldwide just there to enjoy the music and soak in the culture. The mood was electrifying.  There was a lot of positive energy in the venue. It was also a chance for me to see a number of Jamaican artistes preform.  I also noted with pride and admiration that the Marley children have done their legacy proud.









1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Bob Marley, may he rest in peace. Love your blog; landed here from the Exposure 99 link-up. Perhaps you'll stop by my spot? http://treatmetoafeast-beloved.blogspot.com/
    Peace and good,
    Chelle

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for Taking the Time to Leave a Comment.

 
Designed By: Wacky Jacqui's Designs