Monday, February 13, 2012

AAAHHHH MONDAYS- V DAY.......

V- DAY is tomorrow. Truth be told, I am not feeling V-DAY. I have placed V-Day on hold for a few years now. Maybe one day I will take if down from that old shelf and dust it off. Until then, I will be on the sideline enjoying the red and white confetti. 


A Brief Overview of Valentines Day

Source
Saint Valentine's Day, commonly shortened to Valentine's Day, is a holiday observed on February 14 honoring one or more early Christian martyrs named Saint Valentine. It was first established by Pope Gelasius I in 496 AD, and was later deleted from the General Roman Calendar of saints in 1969 by Pope Paul VI. The day first became associated with romantic love in the circle of Geoffrey Chaucer in the High Middle Ages, when the tradition of courtly love flourished.



By the 15th century, it had evolved into an occasion in which lovers expressed their love for each other by presenting flowers, offering confectionery, and sending greeting cards (known as "valentines").



Modern Valentine's Day symbols include the heart-shaped outline, doves, and the figure of the winged Cupid. Since the 19th century, handwritten valentines have given way to mass-produced greeting cards.






Resource site:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentine's_Day








8 comments:

  1. For me V-day is not only a time to share romantic love. Its also a time for charity. I besiege everyone to show some love to the less privileged on V-Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand I feel a little the dame as I am away from my sweetheart this year on valentines day. Stopping by from the Saying hello weekend hop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower from the hop, hope you come by and follow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maxwell makes a good point--I tend to not be a big V-Day person, but I want it to be special for my kids (we tend to celebrate ALL holidays at least to some degree...). I like the idea of having them show love by helping others...thanks--and thanks for the lesson--I can share some of that with my children and they might think I'm smart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nika, like you I agree with Maxwell. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

      Delete
  5. I also love your Positive Wednesdays, so looking forward to more visits, hope you come by :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have stopped by your blog. I love it!!!!! Thank you for appreciating Positive Wednesdays.....

      Delete

Thank You for Taking the Time to Leave a Comment.

 
Designed By: Wacky Jacqui's Designs