Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy Anniversary Me!!!!

I cannot believe it has been one year since I started blogging. I say this with a smile on my face.  I must say I have come a long way. With that i can also say, I have a long way to go.


Why Lioness Rebirth?


Lioness Rebirth seems an odd name for a blog. A Lioness is strong, independent, protective, loyal, a warrior, smart, etc. Rebirth is a renewal so to speak.  Lioness Rebirth is a brand that represents that renewal in all of us. It is focused on helping individuals to achieve their best self by providing information that matters. With all of this in mind, why not use the name Lioness Rebirth.


The Journey


My first post wast published on January 8, 2011. This post was comprised only of a video.My second post did not come until February 12, 2011. This mark the start of my active posting. 


It was not until March 15, 2011 that I got my first follower. Before this I had blogged for three (3) months without an audience so to speak. 


August 8, 2011 saw me entering my first Affiliate program with Shabby Apples. A month later I got my first paid reviewed on September 9, 2011. Since then, I have been privileged to write a number of reviews for selected products and services.


Standing Out


I have read and research a lot about blogging. The experts all say that you should find your niche. This was particularly hard for me. It is not that I was not aware of the various niches that existed: Book Review Blogs, Wedding Blogs, Fashion Blogs, Couponing Blogs, and the list goes on. My problem was that my blog did not fit into any of these niches and neither did I want to. These just did not suit me. Then it hit me.


My Popular posts are:

  • Positive Wednesdays
  • D.I.Y. Sundays
  • Blogging Tips
  • Personal Updates
  • Reviews

All of these posts are linked with giving information that my readers can find useful. Therefore, my blog has evolved into a forum that provides information that matters. Like me, my blog is going through a rebirth. In January you will notice that there will be a number of change occurring on my blog. I  am currently in the progress of getting my blog redesigned. I am also toying with the idea of going dot com. All of this is as a result of the review I have been privileged to do. 


Stats


It is sad to say but stats is what ensure that you get paid reviews. However, I must stress the need for good content. After one year my stats are 17714. To some this might be a drop in the bucket but to me it is mind blowing. I must emphasize that I would not be able to achieve this feat without content that my readers like and find interesting. Social networking also played an important role. It enabled me to get my voice out there.


What Next?


I think the sky is the limit. What started as a hobby for an introvert in slowly turning into endless wonder. I will be working on taking my blog to the next level which means having a cleaner more professional look. However, the essence of what makes Lioness Rebirth has come to be will remain.


Thank You

Thank you for: stopping by, reading my posts, taking the time to comment,  providing  tips, your encouraging words and  for your friendships.  You have all made my journey this year very rewarding. I appreciate every single one of you. Thank You!!!!!

13 comments:

  1. Congrats :D Looking forward to all of your posts in 2012!

    http://opalstevens.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on 1 year of blogging! I just got there myself. It's a very fulfilling accomplishment, isn't it? Looking forward to reading more of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your year and your great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! I'm a new follower from MBC. I hope you'll drop by my blog at www.modernmommymagic.blogspot.com

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  5. love you and your blog! hope you had a wonderful holiday!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dropping over from the Blog Hop. Lots of accomplishments for you! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats, and many more celebrations to you ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi new follower here from the blog hop. I am a fairly new blogger and there is really so much to learn that sometimes it's overwhelming. I almost gave up thinking no one was reading until a friend told me she knew someone that used one of my ideas. It gave me just the encouragement I needed to keep writing. I enjoyed your post and look forward to reading along :)

    Kristin@ meetmeonthebrightside.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on one whole year of blogging! You've gone so far! I can't wait for my blog to be as successful as yours! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your anniversary :) I'm a new follower from the hop.

    ~MiaB
    www.mamamiasheart2heart.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your 1 year of blogging! I'm just in my 2nd month and it was so nice to read your story about having a slow start....sometimes it feels like an uphill battle for me.

    I found your blog through friendly friday blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job on blogging for a year. The cartoons on your blog are great. I liked the math one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for Taking the Time to Leave a Comment.

 
Designed By: Wacky Jacqui's Designs