The Evolution of ME

I have written this post a while back and somehow every time i thought about it i felt naked. So, i am going to close my eyes and click published.


I am listening to a Ziggy Marley song 'True to Myself'. Immediately my mind went to my evolution.Now, i am absolutely loving the skin that i am in. I must be honest, my body is by no means prefect; neither was i always loving myself or true to myself. However, i have learnt that if i am not true to myself, who will be true to me.

One day, i woke up and realized that people will always talk(as old people say mouth mek fi chat). So i decided that i will do what i want because people will talk anyway. So, I wear what i love and i do what i enjoy. Hence, my evolution started. 

Now, i see myself as a lioness (maybe its because i am a Leo) dangerously beautiful, graceful, protector, warrior, peaceful soul, mother, lover, friend, loyal, honest, honourable and the list goes on. Therefore, when i wake up in the morning, i call upon my inner lioness to help me traverse the drama of my days. Sometimes i have to dig down deep. I guess we all have those days.

I must also say my evolution is a work in progress. By no means am i invincible, like every woman i know when to let go and just be a powerless girl.  The important thing to me is that i started this journey. In essence i am a lioness on the rise. I am not longer letting society shape and mold me into what it wants me to be. I must say that is often hard.I want to think i am choosing my own path. I feel like that tiny shell that has been refined by the waves of the Caribbean Sea. I feel like the me i want to be.  









Comments

  1. Beautiful.

    It's so true, you have to just be true to yourself, be who you are, embrace it all; We're all so imperfectly perfect and if we embrace that it makes us all the more beautiful, powerful, instinctive.

    I love the idea of calling on your inner power house to start the day, I'm going to find out what mind is today, and take that advice.

    Also I love ziggy. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I am a Leo too and you are absolutely beautiful. Love the skin you are in and embrace it completely. Think of your evolution as a journey... do not search for completition, but enjoy everyday of it. I think you're gorgeous just the way you are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm just dropping in from one of the blog hops :)

    If you get a chance, stop by We Have It All - I have a huge giveaway package to give away on the 21st and there are low entries, so better chance to win!

    Have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! First time I visit your blog ... I am your newest followers from Blog-Hop! . I hope you get some time to stop by my blog and follow me back through GFC.
    I look forward to know you better through your blog ... Have great weekend!

    http://mommyhoodsdiary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Im visiting you from the hop and would love it if you could follow me back over at
    http:://mizzreviewlady-mommyreviews.blogspot.com/
    Today is my birthday and I would love it if you could celebrate with me by entering one of my giveaways listed on my sidebar.
    Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! I am still working on finding what skin fits the best. I am glad to hear you are finding yours! I am visiting from the Weekend Linkup at Write on Edge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Newest follower from the Weekend Blog Hop. Please stop by and follow back.
    http://alittleoftheother.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you! Keep it up;) Coming from Reflexions hop...
    Courtney
    http://www.mommyladyclub.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, following you through the hop
    http://moderngirllife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely! Maybe that's why I like you so much, I feel the same way a lot, especially this last year since I turned 40! Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank You for Taking the Time to Leave a Comment.

Popular posts from this blog

10 Reasons Why Men Should Respect Women

Creating the Ultimate Girl Squad

Beach Days + Road Trip - DRAMA