When Sickness Comes.........

Today, i called my dad to wish him a happy belated birthday and father's day; i was greeted with the news that my step-mom was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease.I felt like a weight was on my shoulders. I just wanted to cry. I have always known the disease as 'the disease that Michael J Fox has'. I never thought that my family would be affected by it.

I spoke to her and i was quite upbeat because i felt like that is what i had to project. I did not want to show pity because honestly that is not what i felt. I did not know whether i should talk about it or disregard it. All i knew was that i could not cry, i had to be strong. 

Now, i sit in bed and type and i think about what's next. To be honest i don't want to think about next week, next month, next year or the year after that. I just don't. I can just imagine how scared and unsure she must feel. How afraid of the future she must be. In this moment, i hate the disease for robbing us of today and eventually tomorrow.

Comments

  1. I'm sorry to hear about this. I hate the feeling of impotence that events like this make us feel. I send a hug for you and I offer my two cents on this: Show her how many people care about her and let her know that no matter what these people will be there for her in these hard times.
    I know I'm not qualified to give advice and I would really like to be able to help you more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry to hear that. I am a nursing student and a certified nursing assistant and I have seen the effects of this disease and can tell you this: love and family makes a world of difference. Just be as strong, supportive and as positive as your mental and emotional state will allow you to be. While I have not lost anyone to the disease I have lost my grandmother to Alzheimier's and know what it feels like to feel that someone you love is being robbed by something that cannot be stopped.

    My Condolences
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank You for Taking the Time to Leave a Comment.

Popular posts from this blog

10 Reasons Why Men Should Respect Women

Creating the Ultimate Girl Squad

Beach Days + Road Trip - DRAMA